This 24 x 36 in map covers the entire Smoky Mountain Region
- More than 100 Great Roads highlighted in red
- Good connecting roads are highlighted in blue
- Back side of map has descriptions of roads
- Inset maps show details of selected towns
- A list and guide to roadside waterfalls included
- Scenic points, waterfalls, motorcycle-friendly stops, etc. shown
Also shown / additional features:
- Remotely located (out-of-town) gas stations identified
- Handy, easy-to-use, accessible pocket map size
- Water & Tear Resistant
- Best rides boldly highlighted in red
- Good connecting roads highlighted in blue
- Rides are described on back of map
- Mileage between road segments shown
- NEW for 2016 - selected unpaved roads included
Description of area:
Great Smoky Mountains National Park is at the hub of the best riding in the Blue Ridge. While there are few rides in the park, the area surrounding it is full of great mountain rides. With more than 40 mountains over 6000 ft. in elevation you'll be traveling some of the most scenic roads you'll find anywhere. This comprehensive and detailed map will let you -
- Bypass the traffic on the more popular north side of the park on 2 lane twisty back roads.
- Explore the Dragon at Deals Gap and the Cherohala Skyway on the west side of the park.
- See the best section of the Blue Ridge Parkway and other great roads to the east
- Enjoy the Land of the Waterfalls to the south.
Features on this map:
This full color motorcycle road map details the best paved back roads in the mountians surrounding Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Printed on durable water & tear resistent stock, this 24 x 36 inch map highlights the best roads in red, and the best connecting roads to link them together in blue.
The 2016 version adds a guide to the section of the Blue Ridge Parkway shown, plus descriptions of the roads around each area, and a list of more than 20 roadside waterfalls with comments about each on the reverse, inset maps of selected towns, and some of the best known unpaved rides.
Designed purposely for the motorcycle rider with easy to identify roads, motorcycle friendly places, out-of-the-way reliable gas stations, roadside waterfalls, segment mileages, points of interest. The best roads are highlighted in red. Good roads to connect them together are shown in blue linking the roads into endless loop rides. Just follow the colored roads, it's that easy, and there's always another road waiting.Shows the highest and most scenic section of the Blue Ridge ParkwayMany easy to see roadside waterfallsLong winding rides through portions of the Pisgah National ForestThe Hot Springs Spa really does have natural hot springsWhitewater Rafting available in this areaAccess miles of superb trout streamsClose to Asheville, Waynesville, Maggie ValleyConvenient to Interstate Highways - easy to get hereLots of places to eat, shop, and explore in the small historic towns
Folded - 4.5 x 8 inches
Unfolded - 24 x 36 inches
Know Your Smoky Mountain Map Options:
America Rides Maps cover the Smoky Mountains in several ways -
- 3 Pocket maps - #6, #7, #8
- Premium Map - 100 Motorcycle Rides Near Smoky Park
- 12 Classic Deals Gap Motorcycle Rides covers the same area.
This map is also available in an unfolded version to hang on your wall. It's a pretty map, a fine addition to the man-cave. It is shipped rolled instead of folded. Due to the bulk there is a $5.35 Priority Mail shipping charge for the unfolded version. Folded versions ship FREE.