America Rides Maps cover the Blue Ridge Mountains ranging from Waynesboro, Virginia, south to the foothills of north Georgia. Each map covers a section of the Blue Ridge mountains in comprehensive detail. The back side of the map has descriptions and info about the roads. Every great mountain road is highlighted. There are handy pocket maps and full sized premium maps.
- Pocket Maps #1-6 cover the Blue Ridge Parkway region.
- Pocket Maps #6-8 cover the region surrounding Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Pocket Map #9 takes in north Georgia.
- Premium Map "100 Great Motorcycle Rides in the Smoky Mountains" covers the region surrounding Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Simply stated - I wanted better maps of the areas we ride most, the Blue Ridge Mountains, than what I was finding available
I wanted maps that worked better in actual use on my motorcycle - standard maps had their drawbacks and failings.
These are the criteria I sought:
- Maps should be easy to read and follow
- Maps need to be tough and durable
- Maps should be easy to fold and quick to use.
- Map on one side only - (Seems I would always start with the wrong side of the 2 sided map).
- Maps should be handy, fit in an outside pocket - if stowed away you have to stop and unpack to read them.
- Maps should show ALL the good roads, not a selected route.
- Maps should be a size you can control and read in a strong breeze.
Why we take a different approach to mapping
How did America Rides Map Start?